Seafarers holding an existing PSCRB qualification are required to refresh their certificate of proficiency every five years to maintain proficiency under the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments (STCW Section A-VI/2).
The course will comprise of theoretical modules, whereby candidates will refresh all safety and operational procedures with regards to survival crafts and rescue boats.
Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats) STCW Code Chapter Vl, Table A-Vl/2-1 – full course.
The PSCRB – refresher will be delivered by experienced lecturers at MMRTC.
MMRTC will issue Transport Malta approved Certificate on the merit of full attendance and written assessment.
The aims of the course are to ensure that candidate are thoroughly knowledgeable about the following:
- General – Emergency situations, Training, Drills and Operational readiness of equipment.
- Abandoning ship in an emergency and the possibility of damaged survival crafts.
- Different types of Survival crafts and rescue boats.
- Different types of launching arrangements, different methods of operation, advantages and disadvantages.
- Proper use of survival craft equipment.
- Drill schedules.
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
- Handling survival crafts and rescue boats in rough weather.
- Use locating devices including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics.
- How to survive in the survival craft.
- Rescuing other survivors and treatment of hypothermia.
- Actions to take to maximize detectability and location of survival craft.
- Methods of helicopter rescue.
- Classroom discussion of incident reports related to Survival craft equipment with special reference to accidents during drills.
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (STCW A-Vl/1-4)
- Amendments to the regulations related to SOLAS convention, Life Saving Appliances code and relevant MGN’s.
- Latest developments in equipment. (Keeping abreast with technological development).
Duration 1 Day
Accreditation by Transport Malta
Assessment 100% Attendance & Written Assessment