The Transfer of Persons at Sea Training Course is designed for persons assigned to carry out specific duties onboard ships, whose part of their duty involves the transferring from ship to ship.
The course outlines the safe aspect of such a hazardous operation and it is focused on the risk assessment prior commencement of the transfer, the various methods of person transfer, safety equipments that may be required and actions to be taken in case of emergency.
The Class Size is limited to 5 persons, reason being is that all persons will be given the opportunity to have on job practice transfer arrangement on a crew boat.
The course will be delivered by experienced lecturers at MMRTC.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued by the Mediterranean Maritime Research & Training Centre.
Class room tuition
- Introduction, Scope of the Training;
- Methods of transfer;
- Legal requirements of Pilot ladders and accommodation ladders;
- Transfer by basket;
- Risk assessment; how to make a risk assessment;
- Safety equipment;
- Man overboard procedures;
- Symptoms of hypothermia;
- Treatment of hypothermia.
Crew Boat practice
- Practice personnel transfer by crew boat.
Date of the Course
The Training programme is held on demand